I'm managing. I don't love it.
Three things, though:
I actually cooked something mostly from scratch (used canned chickpeas and dry pasta) for dinner. This is from a cookbook I have called Easy Everyday; it's lemon/parmesan spaghetti with roasted chickpeas
It was pretty good. I really liked the chickpeas and will do them again with the same spice mix (garlic powder, smoked paprika, oregano, salt, pepper). I'm a little meh on spaghetti but this one wasn't bad. But I could see making the chickpeas again for snacks or just a finger-food dinner; I really like chick peas.
***
Sometimes, redressing dolls is a little self-care. I pulled out the "comfy princess" (this is from Ralph Breaks the Internet) Elsa and Anna I bought way back (before the pandemic even, maybe?) and changed the clothes on them for vintage handsewn Barbie dresses.
The challenge is, they have odd-sized feet, so they have to wear their own shoes - so pale blue flats for Elsa and black hi-tops for Anna (they are in modern clothes in the movie). I imagine that in this iteration, Elsa is more classic/professional in her demeanor and Anna is a little punky. (Wasn't Anna canonically the younger sister?)
Anyway. I like Anna in the red, and the suit seems to work for Elsa:
I added the glasses - I think they were from a Creatable World pack - to Elsa, I think she looks good in them.***
Mostly this weekend I knit on the Bankhead hat that will be an eventual gift; I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out. I like simple patterns like this:



No comments:
Post a Comment