Well, not "restarting" in the sense that I "restarted" Far from the Madding Crowd, where I went back to the beginning and re read what I had already read. (I probably should have a small notebook and write down the references I don't know; I can get some from context and others may not matter much, but not knowing things bugs me. I tried to find a "chapter by chapter annotation" online but it's all stuff like SparkNotes and Cliff's Notes, which is not the level of detail I wanted, it's not "here's what this specific word means in this context" but rather "here's a quick summary and main themes so you can either skim or not really read")
I had been thinking about the Moon Moth sweater and wanted to get back to it. I don't know, I think having a big project hanging around unfinished bugs me in some way (more so than the socks and hats do). So my plan tonight was to dig it out and get the colorwork started (I still had four rounds to go, but they're like 250 stitches each, so....)
I also got home later than intended because I wanted to get the last bit of the summer research done, and I spent some time talking with a colleague.
But after dinner, I did pull out the sweater. First I had to pick up a couple dropped stitches; always a risk when you store something that's many stitches on a circular needle (I know there are stoppers you can buy but I don't have a set handy, and I always trust "it's okay, I'll be careful with it"). THEN I realized:
- I can't find my copy of the pattern
- And I don't remember which size I was making.
The first one was simple enough; I bought the pattern as a .pdf from Etsy and I was able to download and print it again (I know there are rules about how you're only supposed to make one copy - to discourage people passing them around - but it seems to me if you LOSE your copy you should be able to make a new one. I don't really think it's LOST lost, but it would have meant a half hour or so of searching since it wasn't in the bag or basket I expected it was in, and I didn't want to lose that time. Also, my original copy was black and white, and I have a color printer now, so maybe the chart will look nicer in color?)
I figured out what size without having to count by searching the blog and somewhere I commented the ribbing was 244 stitches, so I know it's the 46" size (which is BIG, but I intend to wear this over a turtleneck or longsleeved t shirt). So that got me back on the road, but I didn't finish all the rounds before the chart and I have to go to bed really soon because tomorrow is an early morning and a busy day.
But at least it's restarted, and the 2 1/2 rounds is more than I've done in months on it.....
No comments:
Post a Comment