Saturday, February 17, 2024

bit more normalcy?

 So I had removed (almost all, there were a few flecks of glitter that just stuck down hard) the toenail polish I had on. And this afternoon, after turning up the thermostat a bit (I will wash my hair in a few minutes and don't want to be cold), I realized - hey, maybe I could try painting them again


Ah, but where to put my foot? In the before-times, I would prop it on the edge of the sink or even the barstool I use as a small table/ mail table/ place to clamp the yarn-ball-winder but even before I hurt my knee that was difficult at times. And then I realized the shower chair would work.

And I was able to get my right foot up on the seat without difficulty, and I was able to stand on that leg to do my left foot. 

I used an older bottle (but still fluid) of Pacifica's "Tourmaline," which is purplish and amethyst is the birthstone for this, my birth month.


I want it to be fully dry before I shower though. Pacifica has fewer nasty solvents in it so sometimes it's a bit less hardy than other polish brands.

****

No photo yet, because it's cold out and I don't quite feel like going out to my backyard to photograph it, but I FINALLY sewed down all the binding on the quilt I started binding back in October. And here's a photo of it from some years back when I finished it:


It looks like I finished the piecing in 2013, so it's high time to have the quilt done.

***

Also a tiny addition on here - I mainly buy books through Bookshop.org these days because they support local bookstores in many areas, and I feel like towns NEED bookstores even if many don't have them, so I made a wishlist with them. There are things on there that don't overlap with the Amazon wishlist, and I know some folks would rather order from there. (No pressure; this is also a place to park books that I see on Bluesky and want and might not feel I have the funds for in this moment, and I can come back to them and order them later)


No comments: