Wednesday, January 26, 2022

"I'll be there...."

 just one quick thing for tonight, a couple photos (one of either side) of the newest "simple socks" knit of variegated yarn. This is the "F*R*I*E*N*D*S" colorway, though I'm still not sure how it correlates to the 90s sitcom - I never really watched the show much so I don't know if this is like the color palette of Central Perk or the friends' apartments or what, or if it's just a bunch of different colors




I like it. As variegated yarn goes, it's relatively "controlled" and the sections are short enough that there's not giant blobs of pooling. One problem with some variegated yarns is that the colors in them are pretty, but they make a weird blocky/chunky pattern when knit up. 

The yarn is from an Etsy seller called AChickThatKnitz; she's based in (IIRC) Edmond. I like ordering from people in the region; I like supporting the small dyers. The base she has used here is nice - it's soft but not so soft that it feels like it will wear out fast. 

I'm going to do these with the 2 x 2 ribbed cuffs, and the standard slipped-stitch ribbing flapped heel I do, and then most likely just knit the feet plain. 

I also have a soft yellow on order from her (I know, I shouldn't buy any more sock yarn, but this was a hard week) that I might knit up into either a cabled or lace pattern

No comments: