Thursday, January 30, 2020

one little thing

Well, the quilt I took to Home a la Mode back in October is done (I knew it would take a while; Christmas rush and since this was one of my long-ago tops that is for me, I told her there was no rush).

So I need to take a side trip there (if they open early, like around 9 - I hope - I could go there first before swinging over to Whitesboro). Or, alternatively: I just go to Denison/Sherman and not as far as Whitesboro. I don't know.

(Awww yes. They do open at nine. The shops in Whitesboro open at 10, so....Denison is a half-hour from me, and Whitesboro is maybe 40 minutes from Denison...so if I can get off early and get the quilt shortly after Home a la Mode opens, I could still swing over to Whitesboro.)

I now have three quilts to put binding on. I have the binding machine-sewn on the little pink one, I just have to handsew it down. But I will have to make binding for the big one I just had done at Lulu and Hazel's (Not sure what I will use but I am sure I have a pastel that will work) and I'm *pretty* sure I have fabric set aside to bind this newest one).

Well, that's nice. And I DO need to get out: feeling sad and at loose ends and like I haven't had any non-work-related conversations for a while, and the woman who runs Home a la Mode and the people at the yarn shop are always good for a nice little conversation.

I think tonight after dinner I either work on the crocheted blanket or the newest socks. I still need to look in my stash for possible yarn for the Castile sweater but I am pretty sure I remember some purplish yarn that would be good for it, if I have enough.

No comments: