Monday, October 28, 2019

it was a day

Kitty Love (The HQG1C pony I ordered) came today but I've not unpacked her beyond taking her out of the mailer because I have no energy left:

- taught my three classes, including dealing with a couple demanding people
- dealt with demanding people wanting stuff for NEXT semester already
- did allllllll the assessment stuff needed for Friday, including
       - running what felt like 3000 scan-trons through the machine
       - digesting down the data and making a spreadsheet broken out by test-question and class
       - discovering apparently the scan-tron machine just randomly screws up. there was one number it spat out that made no sense. so I redid that part of it BY HAND (as in: counting the exam sheets, sorting them by 'who got it right, who got it wrong' and figuring it out).
       - spot checked a couple other things but I am d....d if I am going to look over 2 classes' worth of pre-tests and post-tests (100 questions each) for 2 semesters where each class is about 100 students.
       - gave the results to my chair with the caveat that the scan-tron may be screwing up. And no, I cannot think of any way *I* screwed up, this was "feed them through after the key, let it print the grades on each exam, and then print a summary sheet for that class" and I reset it for EACH run so it wasn't saving old data
- got home, did 20 minutes more piano practice
- fixed dinner and was starting to eat it when my brother called. My brother *never* calls me (if one of them calls, it's usually my sister-in-law). Like, one of the most recent times he called was in 2016 when my dad had that problem that sent him to the ER. So of course my heart SANK. I immediately thought "oh something is up with our mom" but it was instead "hey, what are you going to do with the Fidelity RMD we have to take" and I was like "but we don't have to take one until 2020" and he was like "no, that was the other account, and this one is as a money-market fund" and I was like "Jon don't call me now I have bell choir in literally fifteen minutes and I don't even KNOW" and yes I was less friendly than I might be but I was tired and getting over being startled by the call. I told him to call our uncle the stockbroker and then e-mail me but ugh, if I have to make arrangements to sell stock or something? Maybe I see if I can sign this over to my brother because I can't deal with it and he has a daughter to educate and could use the money
- went to Bell Choir. It went well except my biceps started cramping up (I am handling two of the big heavy bass bells, because I am a larger woman and am younger and don't have arthritis yet) and I'm sure it's from all the scan-trons (it was very repetitive motion) and also the heavy bells, and also it got cold here and my office was cold.

But I hurt. I hurt all over.





I want to knit but I also feel like I need to take a warm bath with Epsom salts to try to stop the near-cramping. (Tomorrow is a workout rest day anyway: I worked out yesterday and today, so tomorrow is a recovery day)

But yeah.

I'm having one of those days where hearing an affectionate word (rather than a demanding one) from someone would make all the difference, but the heck of living alone is that you don't get that. I mean, yeah, I also don't get the demandingness when I am home (well, until someone calls me on the phone) but I also don't have anyone here who is happy to see me when I get home and sometimes that's hard.

Tomorrow I have to write an involved exam for next week because I can't count on having time the rest of the week....

And I'm still apprehensive about the whole end-of-November production, both my own sadness/dealing with the whole thing that happened and also having a houseful of people at my mom's and maybe not having good ways to get away when I am totally stressed out.

This year.....I will be SO glad to see 2019 end, and I can only hope and pray 2020 is better.

***

Added: I wish there were some way in real life of easily restoring "HP," like finding a fire flower or something...

My HP have been really low after today.

No comments: