Friday, June 07, 2024

The finished projects

 Of course this was all before I even KNEW about what I was coming back to (I still do not know for sure when the tree came down, but given that the leaves had not withered when I first saw it, I presume it was not much later than the 26th of May)

But I did finish a couple of things. And started a couple more. I'm going to go in reverse with the last item finished

This one was a kit. I *think* I bought it at JoAnn's, but it might have been Michael's. Chartwell Books is the publisher and Kati Gàlusz is the designer.

It's called "Unofficial Wednesday Crochet" - a doll that looks like Wednesday Addams but who isn't, "officially," because of licensing.

I had started it a while back, got the arms done, and then stopped. It's a very fiddly pattern because it's very small

Hand for scale.

The pattern is designed so nearly everything is crocheted on - you make the arms and legs first, then join the legs and continue the body, and attach the arms as you go. Then you change color to do the head (and change again to do the top of the hair). When the body is all done, you pick up stitches (hard to do at this scale in crochet) and knit the skirt on at the waist. The collar and ears are made separately and sewn on, as is the hair



Her braids are supposed to be longer than that, and if I were making this pattern again I'd use a hook one size larger for the hair; it's hard to crochet it on such a tight scale and it did come out a bit small. 

She's just barely 6" tall knit with the E hook that was recommended.

I will say the yarn wasn't *great* - it was kind of splitty and it's one of those very simple cheap acrylics. Again, if I were making this again I'd find one of the "premium" acrylic worsted-weights in the right colors to use. 

I rushed to get this done - finished her just at the end of the evening the night before i went back, I really didn't want to carry along an almost-but-not-quite finished project (and I didn't keep the leftover yarn scraps).

I did save the book; I can see how with modifications one could make a Louise from Bob's Burgers (the main challenge being getting the rabbit-ear hat right) and as I said, it's a cleverly designed pattern even IF it is fiddly to make.

She's also about the right size to hang out with my "Spectrier" Pokemon, which is like a ghost horse? So probably appropriate for Wednesday:



No comments: