Saturday, June 01, 2024

Starting the process.

 Got a lead on a tree guy who works Saturdays. He had me text pictures ("that looks bad" was his response) and said he MIGHT be able to get a crew out to at least assess this afternoon.


Decided to talk to my insurer; I've paid at least $1000 a year (and closer to $1200 in recent years) every year since I had the house (so: 23 years) and before that had renter's through them. And my parents were with them for years. And this is the FIRST claim I've ever filed so fingers crossed they don't decide to drop me after filing a claim (I have heard of such things). I've been told by the national system (my local guy isn't in 'til Monday) that they will most likely at least cover some of the motel cost. 


But it is very tiresome when you can't be home. I need to go figure out lunch (not sure what; I guess I'll get carry out, maybe eventually I do something like buy individual yogurts and grab a spoon from home or get plastic ware. We don't have "healthful" restaurant options really here (unless you get the salads, I guess, but too much salad doesn't work well for me; sometimes my Asteraceae allergies mean I don't digest lettuce all that well)


I also have to practice the sermon for tomorrow. Yes I am going through with it even though I'm tired and distracted, only other choice is them having someone just do a reading and dismissing early. 


I really hope things start moving along better with the tree (haven't heard back whether the guys can come today) and I hope I can get the electrician Monday

No comments: