Tuesday, May 07, 2024

I'm almost packed

 I've got all my clothes and most of the projects packed (I have to decide whether to stick all the bits of the Wednesday Addams little doll in a baggie and tuck it in - it wouldn't take up much room and maybe I would finish it). Mostly took sockyarn and a couple different patterns (one called "recreational tilling" that will work with striping yarns, and I have an old regia in browns (like the soil, get it?) and brighter colors.. And I have a pattern with a zig-zag down the side that I might do with the Garfield colored yarn).

I think the only "in progress" project I will take will be the "Princess Luna Socks" (the ones in a modified feather-and-fan, out of purple and black glittery yarn). At the end I might see if I can fit the Orchard and Vine in (I would love to finish it) but also I am concerned about having too much heavy stuff to transport

Got my books picked out - I finished the Moon book last night and might do an embargoed post on it - so it's a couple new-to-me mysteries and "The Wee Free Men" (which I bought ages ago on someone's recommendation and never read) and one about seashells. 

I do still have to go to the bank and gas up the car and buy some additional small mother's day gift if I can find a good thing. And I should mow the yard late today. And then do the stretching, which I skipped yesterday (no time; it was after 8 pm when I got home) and I can feel that I skipped it.

I leave tomorrow. Tomorrow morning I can bung the various toiletries and medications in my backpack, and see which (if any) "comfort critters" I can fit in (I need to take at least Squishy Dog, who can serve as an emergency pillow; there's always a slim chance something happens and the sleeper gets bad-ordered and you get busted down to coach, and there are no pillows in coach). 

I'm also going to have to take my cane, if there's some emergency where we have to walk far or across uneven ground I would need it. I don't LOVE that idea, but I figure better safe than sorry. I wish I had a collapsable one but I don't, and maybe those are less stable? Also it sounds like the sleeper car is on the very end of the train and the diner car is up front, so I'll have to get through a couple coaches....

No comments: