Wednesday, April 03, 2024

a few photos

 (The blank post earlier - I was trying to get a copy of a map I created in google maps of my research site in a form I could screenshot or save as a jpg file but no dice; I may have to use a different coverage source for the map I finally make. Which is frustrating as I spent some time on it and you canNOT screen shot it, it's some weird proprietarly (klm?) file format)


Anyway. I took my ecology class out for forest sampling. I hurt a little, and did have a few moments of my knee pinching badly out there. Finally I got to one of the small boulders they used to block off a former roadway and was able to sit while the students finished up


Also, I realized I never shared my new laptop with its stickers. I never used to put stickers on things but I decided to go ahead. I had the Duolingo one an the one of Abigail Starling's streaming character (the pink catgirl), and then I bought some more - a couple are from Turtles Soup (the bookshelf and screaming opossum), others (the garfield x hello kitty one) are from Doodles by Cam, and the Twilight Sparkle and Tea Enjoyer are from demiwithers. I just added the soot sprites tonight; I had placed a small order from Jet Pens and put them in to get free shipping (as I remember)


Also on my desk (at home) I have a Smurfette. I can't remember if I specifically ordered her from Schleich or if she was a freebee when I ordered a couple other things (they sometimes do it). I think she's supposed to be a pirate but she makes me think more of Serenity and "I aim to misbehave":


She does have a sword; you can just see the tip of the hilt near her right hand.

I also grabbed a quick snap of the corner on the blanket. I am finally on the second half! It's still going to take a long time; it's like 6' on a side:



No comments: