Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Finished the top

Met with the guy and his wife. It's gonna get intense. I think I can find a way to pay for the repairs; and I'm going to be doing the "box up stuff room by room as they work"

They're going to start by taking the siding off to see what's under there, and then the dining room will be the first room to have the window/trim fixed. (It's the easiest one to move the stuff in) and then they'll work around the house clockwise, ending with the living room - which will probably be the hardest in terms of stuff to move. 

I've also been promised that the old-fashioned vents-to-the-attic will either be closed in or at least screened over (to keep wildlife out), especially since I now have the proper turbine vents.

It's going to be eyebleedingly expensive, but it needs to be done. And it sounds like the disruption to my life will be over before classes start up, which is worth some money to me as well.

I have to call my uncle - who manages a small stock fund I have - tomorrow, see if I can siphon some cash out of that. If so, I might be able to scrape together enough PROVIDED there's no big bad surprises. 

I hate fundamentally impoverishing myself for this (what if something really bad happens?) but it has to be done, I can't let my house crumble.

***

Anyway. I finished the quilt top. It will probably be a long time before I get this one quilted (unless I hand quilt it) because finances. But I like how it came out. (The cornerstone fabric looks a lot less contrasty in real life)


And some close-ups. The focus fabrics are from that "Smol" line; the sashing is also from Lulu and Hazel's but is a different line altogether (but it picks up several of the colors) and the cornerstones are a piece I picked up at Quilt Asylum - and am proud how well it matched given that I had none of the other fabrics with me






No comments: