Tuesday, May 10, 2022

preparing for tomorrow

 I take the train to go see my mom tomorrow.

I hope I'm going to be okay - I still have a few digestive symptoms; it feels like irritated/inflamed gallbladder. It's better but not BETTER and I hope it keeps getting better - it's worse when I get up in the morning and slowly improves throughout the day. I've been eating very carefully, limiting fat and sugar (except in fruit) and have been drinking lots of water. 

I suppose if this doesn't clear up I will be looking into getting my gallbladder removed :( I do have someone here (my friend Dana from church) who could look after me after the surgery (hopefully I'd only need the laparoscopic kind). I admit I feel kind of malaise-y right now and while I hate and fear the idea of surgery, if the choice is that or feeling like this forever, I guess I'll take the surgery.

(unless it turns into a massive emergency, for insurance reasons, I couldn't have it done up at my mom's - which would be ideal - because she could look after me until I got better). I'm still hoping it gets better on its own; I've read that bad allergies (food intolerances) can sometimes bring it on, and well....there was the whole purple carrot juice thing. (The other issues have cleared up, at least.)

But I'm slowly packing. Most of the last minute stuff will have to happen in the morning: medications and toiletries and things like that. I've decided against taking a LARGE project (like a sweater) and am instead taking yarn for a couple pairs of socks and I'm going to drag along the Turkish-stitch purple shawl thing I found when I was sorting stuff earlier. 

I dunno. I haven't felt totally well for a while. I don't know if it's pandemic after effects or the fact that I was fundamentally poisoning myself every day with a small amount of something I am fairly allergic to (the purple carrot colorant). (I HOPE it's not gallbladder, but those symptoms came on only very recently). 

I'm hoping a couple weeks up at my mom's will mostly fix it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a restful visit with your mom. Hope your issues resolve themselves. — Grace

Roger Owen Green said...

I wish you health and safe travels.