Tuesday, November 09, 2021

it's done enough

 I put away everything I needed to (well, the stuffed animals I removed from my bed need to go back, but maybe I do that right before bed). I sorted three large bags of nearly-new dresses and jackets (both suit-type jackets and a Columbia fleece - I have broad shoulders and a large chest and muscular upper arms, and those kinds of things either don't fit well, or things that once fit okay aren't comfortable any more since my arms bulked up a little more from working out). A friend from church suggested a small local thrift store that employs people otherwise deemed "unemployable" and so I might take the things there. 

I admit I put off trying the shower for a while because I have trust issues and was afraid something would go wrong again when I turned it on, even though the plumber did test it out. (I left the new head on, I think I will just leave it. Not sure whether to pitch the 20-year-old one I had, or to see if I can store it away in case this one fails).

 

But about 15 minutes ago, I gave it a try:


 *sound of angels vocalizing*

One nice thing about this head is that there is a restrictor on it where you can turn it so only the very central holes are emitting water, and they do it at a higher pressure - good for rinsing shampoo and conditioner out of long hair. 

Anyway, it's good to be proper clean again; it was very hard to wash my back when I was using the sink to wash, and also not tremendously easy to wash my legs. 

So now I have to figure out some small, simple dinner - I just went and picked up a sandwich and side from the local bbq place for lunch because it was kind of late and with fussing with getting cat food (!) and setting the trap (FWIW: I'm using "Chicken and Liver" flavor, if I wind up catching one of the local cats instead I have Turkey and Cheese to try after that. Really hoping the stupid baby goes in the stupid baby trap.... I think opossums are mainly nocturnal so if it goes in it will be tonight and I'll have to text the person before I go to work)

No comments: