Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Finally, it's finished

 Actually, two things!


First of all, the manuscript I've struggled over for a few months seems to be in decent-enough shape. I have a couple volunteer readers (not biologists but that's good, it will tell if it's comprehensible) to look at it, and maybe even before I leave (next week!) to go visit my mom I can submit it and at least feel like it's off my desk for a bit. Oh, it will certainly need revisions if it's not simply rejected out of hand (and I'm suspicious there may not be enough "unusual" results for it to really be publishable, but I have to try, I guess). I have mixed feelings - I was happy and kind of excited when I closed the file around five this afternoon but now I feel a little let down but that's sort of typical, especially given the hard brainwork of revising. 

And then, I got the binding on the big-squares quilt all sewn down. Unfortunately, I finished it just about 10 minutes ago and it's totally dark out so I can't go and hang it on the clothesline to photograph it, so here's a quick and dirty photo of most of it:


It's about as wide as a twin-bed quilt but shorter in length.

Here are some of the fabrics in it:



These two are from the original line I based the quilt on, I think it was called Folklore? These could be as many as 15 years old, I know I made this quilt a LONG time ago. (About 10 years, maybe more). 

This is one that matches in colors (and more or less style) but is from a different line, spools of thread:


You can kind of see the overlapping-circles quilting pattern I picked out for it there - kind of like the old Orange Peel design.

And finally, a square from fabric (that I had to piece) that is bits left from a dress I had when I was about 3 years old:



No comments: