Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Tuesday evening things

 * I am a little sore from the fall yesterday; I think I must have tensed up. I don't think I'm actually *hurt,* I think I just tensed up and made my muscles sore. 

I also tensed up a lot over the sink thing

* Which is fixed (enough for now) - the plumber did what I was expecting and removed the offending hose and plugged where it went. I will still need a new dishwasher BUT first I need an exterminator; apparently it WAS a rodent that cause the damage even though I have seen absolutely no sign and there's no evidence of them coming out and going after the (not very well sealed up eve) crackers and things I had out. So I don't know. Apparently they're coming up through the space behind the dishwasher from under the house, so it will have to be someone with the ability to go under there. (I admit I briefly contemplated getting an RC car, and rigging a little camera to it, so I could run it under there and see what's going on, and maybe even use it to carry traps under there, but....yeah, I think I need a professional for this) But I will have to find a good one - someone who will JUST deal with the rodent issue without trying to force me into contracts for spraying for ants and all that; I don't really have much in the way of ant issues and frankly would rather deal with ants myself than deal with toxic sprays.

So I decided since handwashing dishes for just one person is not so bad, I'll just do that until the summer, and then look into getting a new dishwasher. (I may also have to have some floorboards looked at first). 

I will admit that there's half a temptation to just have the dishwasher removed and a cabinet built in there instead, I don't have enough cabinet space. But I think I would eventually regret not having a dishwasher, and if I ever want to sell the place it would be a lot harder without one. (It would be hard enough as it is; it's a small house with just one bathroom and I know that's unpopular now)

The plumber said they DID install dishwashers; I may just go with them, was not real happy with the guy Lowe's sent last time. 

* I am trying to get back into doing my various hobbies again (this was something that came up in counseling today; that I hadn't really been doing them. The counselor's opinion was that it was simply that we are all so tired because otherwise I do not seem to be showing symptoms of depression - well, other than what is "normal" given we've lived through a pandemic). So I'm hoping maybe to get my knitting mojo back and finish a few things.

I pulled the Tailfeather scarf back out. I had to print off a new pattern because I'd lost the charts, but I was able to figure out where I was. (I did have a row counter on it but I was just counting rows in the pattern, not which of the patterns - there are four - I was on


I'm not quite halfway. 

* I also used the Herrschner's gift certificate my mom sent me for Christmas - I ordered some Berroco "Vintage" yarn in "Smoke" (a light gray) for The Wind Sweater (link is to the designer's Etsy page). I wanted another gray cardigan (I only have one, though I have a complex one on the needles I need to get back to) and this one will be nice and simple.

* I also had ordered myself a little Easter treat, since I didn't get myself candy or really anything. I had wanted this for a while and then I saw it was out:

Peggy Mane. A Hasbro-produced mashup of My Little Ponies (Gen 3 style) and Lite-Brite. They've done a couple of these - one with Twister and one with Transformers are the other two I know of, but by far this one is my favorite, because her translucent hair is pretty (it's molded instead of dollyhair)



Another fun feature: she has two different cutie marks, one on each side, which look like Lite Brite designs. She's about the size of the G3 ponies (and stylistically is similar) but might be a tiny bit smaller.

No comments: