Wednesday, March 03, 2021

maybe, another benefit?

 I may just need to find "restful" books like "Whisky Galore" to read before bed from now on.

Last night, the most memorable dream I had was that I had gone to England, and I was in a small shop, picking out things to purchase to take back home with me. I got a counted-cross-stitch kit (I don't do that craft in real life, but it made sense in the dream) and some yarn and then I noticed they offered toys for sale and I asked if they had any stuffed animals and through a chain of discussion I wound up with a small Merrythought teddy bear (I don't even know if that brand is still made but it used to be the large British brand). 

Oh, the dream had the weird episodic fits-and-starts and things that didn't fit together well. But the feeling of being in an interesting small shop - in a non-pandemic time (not a mask in sight, and no worry), somewhere that isn't the small city where I live (or even the slightly larger one where I sometimes shop*) and being able to do stuff just for me, and having nice conversations with people (the two people in the shop were a slightly-older man - maybe his late 60s - and a woman a bit younger than me, and first I thought maybe it was father and daughter but later in the dream I got them impression they were merely co-workers)

(*though now maybe not until I'm 3 weeks out from the second shot, if then, because everything there is being fully reopened and mask mandates are being discarded, so I presume there will just be a lot of unmasked people, maybe more than locally)

I don't know. I've had so many unpleasant and distressing dreams of late that this one was notable in its calmness. I hope either it is the influence of the reading (so I can replicate it) or maybe my brain's gone into a protective mode (I noticed this right after my dad died) where it doesn't expose me to too much unpleasantness so I can rest.

No comments: