Friday, October 11, 2019

Dolly Self Care

I joked on Twitter yesterday that "Sometimes self-care is re-dressing your fashion dolls."

That's what I did when I got home from school yesterday. I might have been better off getting straight to piano practice or something else, but I needed a break.

I also found out that the hot-pink "sixties style" minidress or tunic top was a PJ dress - from Barbie's "mod" friend PJ; I spotted the little tag in it when I took it off Olivia and put it on Elsa:

Both the dresses are a little big on them but if you arrange them right it looks like they fit. If I wanted to I suppose I could use pins to take temporary tucks in them.

I wanted to put the dress I had on Elsa onto Olivia, because I thought it would look good on her, and I was right:

Olivia, Gabby, Cinnamon, and Sam. Sam is wearing another "Buttercup Dress Up" dress - a Halloween one with jack-o-lanterns on it.

(I also ordered a few more dresses from her....Christmas dresses....yes, my dolls are going to dress up for Christmas this year)

And here's Ginger. I have her standing up (I hope she stays standing) because the skirt looks a lot better that way, it kind of stretches in an unattractive way when she sits:

That's Camille next to her, and the Wonder Woman (so: "Diana") sitting on her other side.

And I re-dressed Skye and Alex:

Skye is wearing a Barbie outfit - if you close the skirt tightly enough, it's not too big for her. And Alex is in clothes out of their kits - I think those pants actually came with Skye but they work on him.

I also decided what I'm going to name the new wavy-hair doll (*IF* she actually arrives - I have my doubts given how quickly that one disappeared from Amazon's website. I doubt I'd be charged if it was truly out of stock, but I suspect I'll keep getting fobbed off with "it's going to take longer" like they did with the Curvy Dancer)

But anyway, provided I get her, I am naming her Theophania. Because it amuses me. There is an Internet Thing called "The Tiffany Problem" which says in short that "Tiffany" is actually an old, old name, short for Theophania, but because we think of it as a "modern" name, historical-novel and fantasy writers shy away from using Tiffany - even though it would probably be period-correct.

Theophania basically means "God appears," and I like it as a long, formal name that is rarely used. (I think "my" Theophania would not go by Tiffany, at least not most of the time). So now I hope that seller on Amazon DOES come through and I get my doll...(Or, failing that, that I can order one later on, but I won't pay 3x list price for one)




1 comment:

purlewe said...

question about the dolls with different wigs, could they swap wigs or are they special for that particular model?