Saturday, May 18, 2019

working on Ocellus

Well, I got what I thought was her second back leg done, and then I looked at the first one (which I had not stuffed or attached yet) and realized I'd made a third front leg, so....poot. I decided rather than trying to fix it, I'd just start the leg over. So I did.

The big parts of her crocheting are done. She still lacks the snout, ears, "horn,"* eyes, mane, tail, and elytra (that's what I'm calling the decorations that go on her back; that's what you call them on a beetle.

(Ocellus is a Changeling from My Little Pony. Originally these were kind of unattractive things - basically wasplike and creatures full of holes. They (mostly) got a redemption story where one of them figured out that they didn't need to be like they had been...and they transformed into pretty pastel bug horse things. Ocellus is one of the students at Twilight's school. She is sweet but very literal-minded, which is partly why I like her)


(*As these are buglike creatures, maybe it's an antenna?)

Anyway, here she is thus far. I may add other photos as I continue to work; my goal is to finish her this weekend if not tonight:

Even though she fundamentally resembles a beetle mashed up with a horse, she does have hymenopteran-like stripes around her middle.

The "snout" comes next...

She has a snoot:


Eyes and ears. (Still lacking horn, mane, tail, and elytra)


No comments: