Saturday, February 16, 2019

OH MY GOSH

I love Postmodern Jukebox anyway, for their wonderful covers of pop songs (in several cases, I like their cover better than the original). Once in a while they take on a cartoon theme song.

This is their most-genius effort:




Yes that is Rob Paulsen (Pinky) and Maurice LaMarche (Brain) as the bartenders. I wasn't familiar with their faces so at first I was like "Wait, do they have a couple guys in white shirts to be like Pinky and the Brain"....and then they spoke. I won't say I screamed, but I was jolted with the delight of it.

I loved that cartoon when it was on. Perhaps even more than I loved "The Animaniacs," where it originated. It was on when I was in grad school....for a while, the different drafts of my dissertation were saved under Pinky's various exclamations ("Narf," "Troz," and yes, even "Fjord")

Oh, and stay for the "Narf" at the end of this....

No comments: