Monday, December 10, 2018

Two good things

1. Dental check-up was easy. The dentist was free right at the start of it so he decided to check over my teeth (I had x-rays in June and they only do one set a year on adults) first, so I knew right off that nothing was wrong, there was nothing they had to "watch"

(Even though I have bad teeth, apparently, like my dad, I do tend to develop cavities slowly....)

I didn't even have all that much tartar but I don't know what I did differently this fall to prevent it - maybe I brushed a little longer at a time? I didn't change toothpaste or style of toothbrush or anything like that. Anyway, the tartar scraping is one of the worst parts so I was glad it was short.

2. ALLLLL the stitches are picked up on Augusta. I had to fudge a little to get the right amount but I think it will be okay. And the good news is the buttonholes are worked into the rib pattern so I won't have to measure - I can just work up to that row, then do the buttonholes, then keep working.

the cheese grits are in the oven (they're supposed to cook for an hour) and in a few minutes I should contemplate what I'm wearing. What I'm in right now - jeans and a heavy turtleneck (my office is cold these days) is not too festive; I might put on a long skirt and dig out one of my green or red vests or sweaters and wear that.

Tomorrow I give an exam but it's machine-graded, then I can come home and hopefully finish Augusta.

I joked on Twitter that if I do, that means the Yule Cat won't be allowed to eat me.

No comments: