Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Feels like Friday

Today feels like a Friday to me. I think that's because I know I'm leaving tomorrow.

It's weird, not having anything I have to do. My plans for today include doing the workout I didn't have to get up early to do, doing the rest of my laundry, packing, and working on the couple of in-progress projects.

This is the first of the Ty-Dy socks. I just started the second one (the little pile of "sticks" and yarn next to the finished sock).

ty-dy sock

I think I'm going to dig out one of my plastic pencil cases and put the sock in there, and carry it in my purse to work on on the train (and perhaps, work on on the bus). I always worry about carrying the socks that I'm doing on bamboo needles, because it's possible for a needle to snap at an inopportune time in your bag, and you don't know it until much later.

I also think I'm going to work some on Thermal today; it would be really nice if I could finish at least the first front-half, and do the join at the shoulders, so there's less bits flopping around when I get back to knitting on it.

I also have a third project going. I don't know that I will finish it, and I'm not sure I'll take it with me, as I'm getting a little burned out on it.

It's a Cheese-kun (N.B., .pdf file). This is apparently the mascot of Pizza Hut in Japan - a blob of cheese wearing a hat. I decided to make it because I just think softies made in the form of animate food are funny (I already have an onigiri and a chestnut (The chestnut being my own tweaking of the onigiri pattern). And I have a little beanbag mascot of Kogepan, the burnt bread bun.

But man, this is one giant amigurumi - it's probably going to be a foot tall when it's done - and crocheting it of the hard 100% acrylic yarn takes a bit of a toll on my hands. So I may set it aside and leave it until after I return. (I have plenty other projects to take with me).

No comments: