Friday, April 03, 2009

Well, I may have yet another paper to finish up and submit coming down the line. I e-mailed a former student of mine - currently finishing his Master's thesis - about a research project he did when he was a student here, whether he was interested in seeing it published. He did most of the up-front work, and I told him I could write chunks of it if he didn't have time, and then both our names would be on it.

As he's (almost) out on the job market, his response was fairly enthusiastic.

(I worry when it goes too long since I've submitted a paper somewhere; I keep worrying that someone's going to come up with the clever idea of making tenure retractable if a person doesn't keep to the crazy pre-tenure standards of churning out a paper a year and such).

I also have my potential grad student coming in this afternoon and a quick e-mail to a friend in the "business" (works for TNC) got a long list of potential projects on her site if the student doesn't like anything I offer. (And there are a couple things on there I'd love to do myself. If I only had time. The site is a good hour and a half from me, which means I can't exactly pop over there after a day of teaching to count plants or examine herbivore data)

No comments: