Sunday, October 10, 2004

I've been a busy elf this weekend:

First, I finished my mother's gloves:
black_glove_pair.JPG


Next, I pieced a quick lap quilt for my brother and sister-in-law:
cat_scientist_quilt.JPG


The featured fabric is called "Cats Scientist" - it's cats doing various chemist-type (or maybe mad-scientist-type, I don't know) things. As my sister-in-law is an analytical chemist, and as they have a big Maine Coon cat, I had to buy the fabric and make something for them.

Here's a closeup:
cat_scientist_closeup.JPG


I'm very happy with how it turned out, for a quick quilt. And I know I've reached Stash Critical Mass: with the exception of the cat fabric, everything I used in the quilt was selected out of my fabric stash. Even the backing (not shown), which is an overall crazy-quilt print, which picks up the colors used in the front of the quilt.

I'm going to take this down when I get a chance and have Mary Ellis (of Mary's Quilt Shop) quilt it for me.

I also dug out, ironed, and prepared a backing for this quilt, which I'm going to have her quilt for me:
girly_quilt.JPG

It's the girly-girl, or the I Like Being a Girl quilt I made almost a year ago. It's entirely of fabrics (backing, even) from her shop, so I think it's cool that I'm going to have her quilt it for me. In pink thread, I think.

No comments: