Thursday, March 21, 2024

VICTORY SCREECH II

 I couldn't do my warm up exercise by walking outside as I wanted to, so I decided, well, maybe if I am VERY careful and move slowly, it would be okay to do a ten minute warm up on the cross country ski exerciser, and then do the PT stretches again.

It was hard, but I did it. Actually now after the stretching - I am icing my knee just to be prudent, at regular PT they always advised to ice for 10 to 20 minutes to avoid soreness - it feels like my abdominals (which I really haven't worked at all for two months, I barely even carry stuff now) are more sore than the knee.

So hopefully, maybe, working it a little more will make it better faster. I've noticed that if I sit for a while it hurts a lot the first few steps, but then rapidly gets better after walking a bit, so I'm wondering if this is just muscle weakness.

****

Took my car in today. Turns out the nozzles for the windshield washer are bad (which is probably the cheapest thing that could have been wrong); they will replace them tomorrow - he had to get the ones from another site, they didn't have them on hand (my car is a bit older but I've kept it up and I LIKE it, it's a good car, and I don't have the bucks right now for a new one)

Also my taxes are done. I told the woman I'd pick them up today but then I got involved with research reading and totally forgot. I'll have to write myself a note and maybe I can do it after the windshield wiper nozzle replacement if the CPAs is open then.


Here's hoping I don't owe too much. I did last year because I took quite a bit out of the inherited IRAs to pay for the house work in 2022, but I only took the minimum required distributions last year. It'll come down to capital gains in the retirement accounts and I admit I didn't look at the 1099 very closely because it came while I was still hurting a lot.

*****

Tempted to start the Wednesday Addams amigurumi tonight, but....womp womp....some of my favorite current shows, the ones I consider "appointment tv" are preempted by college basketball. Oh well.. I need to figure out how to play audiobooks on my computer or iPhone so I can knit when there's nothing good on - in my current state, and maybe really never again, I can't sit crosslegged on the bed and knit and read while holding the book open with a toe like I used to.

*****

Edited to add: I remember now why I don’t like crocheting on dark colored yarn, but I got the first arm done:




1 comment:

Diann Lippman said...

That's all good stuff!

Not to be a nag...did you get your first shingles shot and I missed it? This is a great time to do that so you can get the second when summer break starts.

Sounds like your knee is getting better pretty much on schedule, which is never fast enough!