Friday, March 22, 2024

And another arm

 I forgot how timeconsuming small amigurumi are. 

I got the second arm for Wednesday done, but before starting the legs I stopped to brush my teeth and put on slippers (my feet were cold) and wind the black yarn out of the loose skein that was tangling into a ball.

And then I couldn't find the hook that came with the kit.

In normal times, I'd get down on my hands and knees and hunt under my recliner, but I'm hurting again this evening and didn't want to try lest I didn't get up. But it's annoying. I did pull the chair out as far as I could and couldn't see it on the floor, and I don't remember hearing it hit the floor (it's aluminum, so I think I would. I checked in the box the kit came in twice and couldn't see it in there.

At least I have a Prym ergonomic hook of the same size, and at least I got the two arms finished so if the different hook alters my gauge it might be less noticeable. But still, I'd like to find that hook because it's weird that it should disappear like that. I don't remember setting it down anywhere, and it's not on the little table next to the chair. It may be deep in the recliner and hasn't fallen through just yet. 

Other than that, part of the day was getting the nozzles replaced on my car (for the windshield washer fluid and then having to go BACK because apparently the tube to one of them separated after the guy tried it, so they had to reattach it.

Then I went up to school and read a bunch of articles. Sad that my break is nearly over. Not sure what I'll do tomorrow; I might try to work on the Moominhouse or try to finish the long-stalled quilt top that's sitting on the machine.

No comments: