Thursday, August 11, 2022

patch is done

 The patching compound is not dry yet, so it still looks wet. Martin said he needed to leave it overnight to dry (Hm. I suppose I could roll the dehumidifier in there and run it for a bit this evening to see if that helps)



You'd never know there was originally a half-inch gap between the seams of the drywall where a leak made one section bulge out and get spongy. (like I said: it still does need to dry)

He's coming tomorrow to paint the ceiling and then start the fix in the kitchen on the floor

I hope I don't totally lose kitchen access all weekend. I might just get a pizza tomorrow night for it to be easy, but if I can't use the kitchen all weekend that may pose a challenge. (Then again: if it's just that it's down to the subfloor, if I'm careful and maybe put plastic down when I wash the dishes, it might be OK). 

he's also bringing a sample of the tile he used in his own house to see if I like it, but I might also run out to Lowe's this evening after they are done to just scout out what they have. If he's amenable to the "locking" tile (where you tap it in place and it has like tongue and groove connections), that seems to be what I might want. I used the stick-down square tiles in my sewing room and admit I don't love them - though maybe someone with more skill and experience than I have could make them look good. I tried to find out what style of flooring he preferred but he didn't really say, I'll see what he has. 

He also said he'd quickly scrape and paint the front door, the old paint IS flaking badly. If he has to take the door off I will quick grab the curtain rod and the crocheted curtain (bought at an antique store in McKinney,probably 15 years ago) and will wash the curtain - or maybe I should do that tonight, while I still have easy access to the kitchen sink. I'm considering also pinning it out on my blocking board to dry and spraying it with "Best Press" (a non-starch alternative to starch, so critters won't want to eat it) once it IS dry. Then I can put it back up once the door is all done


and it's ALMOST time to change out my "summer" wreath (pink and lavender colored flowers) for the fall leaves one. 

I am really looking forward to fall this year. This summer has been altogether too hot and too long, even though I didn't do anything "good fun" during the summer, it did really seem long

No comments: