Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Did too much

I think I did too much today: the fieldwork, of course, but then I also set up the first round of extractions, and I ran around a bit trying to find a sunglass strap (couldn't find one locally, ordered one from Amazon, and I admit my city's motto of "keep your green* this side of the Red" annoys me in cases like this)

(*I presume they mean money, but given the recent proliferation of medical marijuana dispensaries...)

Spent a couple hours reading a couple chapters for Policy and Law.

Got in an hour of piano practice

Just now, got home from Bell Choir (postponed from last night).

And it's just hot. I think the fieldwork kind of sapped me because of the heat and humidity, but also going out a couple more times during the day was kind of a lot.

I tried to find something fun on tv so I could relax and either read the couple of magazines that came today ("Mary Jane's Farm," which I know I've talked about the "woo" aspect of some of the medical stuff - which does bug me - but the whole "farmcore" part of it keeps me subscribing, and also "Knit Simple," which I think was what Family Circle Easy Knitting (which had the most unfortunate acronym of FCEK) evolved into). Or knit, now that I've figured out how to make the yoke work on "Hey Girl" (Thank goodness the pattern author posted project notes or else I'd never have figured it out)

But I couldn't find anything NOT A THING. Even the NCIS re-runs have been pre-empted by some debauched reality show that is apparently about people hooking up.

So I have a Parks and Recreation re-run on from Amazon Prime, and I don't know. (I'm not sure. In some moods, when I see Leslie or Ron getting dumped on by life, I feel worse)

I am telling myself it's that I'm just tired, but I do feel kind of just worn and sad. Tomorrow is going to be a long evening because I have a meeting at 5:30, one at 6, and one at 6:30.

But I don't know. I hate that loose-ends feeling when it's really too early to go to bed (and that feels like admitting defeat anyway) but I don't really have the energy to do the "fun" things I normally do. And some of the comfort things - warm baths, hot tea (even herbal tea, which is what it would be this time of night), or rolling up in a blanket - are out because it's so hot. Even with the air conditioning on 74 it feels warm in here...

But maybe I do force myself to pick up Hey Girl and try to work on it some more - and I just realized I have a coconut water I bought the other day and maybe I should drink that, maybe that helps me recover from the fieldwork.

But yeah. I will be glad when this heatwave breaks a little, even if we get heavy rain (we might catch some of the tropical thing forming in the Gulf right now)



No comments: