Saturday, May 04, 2019

One goal accomplished...

I got most of the rest of the back garden cleared out last night and then took a fast trip to Denison (Twin Oaks, but also ran to the natural-foods store and Kroger).

I spent many monies on plants (and also top-dressing soil) but it feels worth it. I probably need to either get more plants, or mulch, or plan on weeding aggressively because stuff will move into those empty spots...

back garden overview

Also hopefully when they "heel in" they'll start to spread.

Something I'd been wanting for a while was a butterfly bush (Buddleia) or two; Twin Oaks had small ones (and also large ones, but they were a lot more, and would have taken deeper digging):

Buddleia

Already I saw a halictid bee sniffing around it, and a couple of wasps checked it out (there are wasps that eat nectar), so I'm hopeful it will attract some other pollinators.

I bought some other stuff. Germander (Teucrium) was being sold as a medicinal herb (for upset stomach?) but I know it as a prairie plant. I got one:

Germander

And new lavender (this is just one of the three)

lavender

And pineapple sage, one of my favorite garden plants:

pineapple sage

It smells really nice and the flowers will attract hummingbirds some times.

And I got a bunch of "cooking herbs," though I generally don't like "sacrificing" them to cook with. Including these guys, elfin thyme:

Elfin thyme

"I'm baby" Heh.

Also, here's the front garden. (Did I really just plant this a week ago? This week was like 84 years long)

Front garden

No comments: