Friday, May 03, 2019

Onward and upward (II)

1. ALL the 2000 data are entered in rough form. I still need to go through the key my former student made where she identified most of the unknowns and put the actual names on them, and figure out the best ways to analyze/present the data (at a minimum, I am writing it up as a Note to talk about how two floods decreased species diversity and likely allowed invasion of the lespedeza because there are *dozens* of species we saw ( and I am confident about the identification of) in 2000 that are absent now). It's still going to require work but it feels like passing a huge waypoint to get all the data in.

2. The dishwasher installer FINALLY called. They have promised to be here at 8 am on Tuesday. I give an exam at 11 am on Tuesday. So I am *slightly* apprehensive but I really hope that it works out. If worse comes to worse I suppose I can have the secretary start my exam for me, or one of my colleagues.

3. So I am going to spend some time this afternoon cleaning house (partly in preparation for piano lesson but also partly in preparation for NEW DISHWASHER).

Edited to add, about 9:30:

Got the sheets on the bed changed, too, which is nice. (I like to do them once a week but I've been so busy I'm running more like every 10 days to two weeks)

No comments: