Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Test mitt done

I finished the first "Soccer Mitt" last night:

test mitt

It's loose on me (will make the second one the same though) and even though I have smallish wrists and hands, I'm dropping down to a size 1 1/2 needle for the gift pair - which I started, and I also realize now I give an exam tomorrow, so I will take those along and get some knitting time on them during the exam. My hopes are to finish these and at least start the second gift-mitt over break. I am also taking the simple-socks-in-progress, and thanks to Anita's suggestion, I grabbed the Honey Cowl pattern and wound off a skein of yarn - I had bought a skein of Life in the Long Grass yarn on a good sale from Simply Sock Yarn, and had totally over looked that it was dk (so not for socks - there isn't enough) but it will be perfect for the cowl.

I'm going to have to try it out on a 16" circular, though, I don't have a 24" one in that size. I think I take my second 16" circular in case I wind up having to spread the stitches over two needles, if it's too tight. (That is: if I can't run out to Michael's and buy the right sized one).

Board meeting finished up a little early so I came home and put my pajamas and a pair of comfy socks on:

kuromi socks


These are from the October Doki Doki crate. Kuromi is like a Goth version of My Melody, I guess. There was also a little plushie - the size and shape of those little Disney Tsum Tsum toys - in the crate.

(Am hoping my November crate comes soon. I know the typhoon in Japan slowed a lot of shipping. If it doesn't come tomorrow it may wind up held with my mail though - I did get in today to drop off a "mail hold" card; I don't quite trust doing that online)

1 comment:

anita said...

I did my Honey Cowl on a 20" circular, since that's what I had. (I have a 24", but it is obviously somewhere holding something that's started and in hiatus.) I loved this pattern; it was my "mindless carry-along project" until I finished it, so now I must either find another pattern or more yarn to make another one of these.