Thursday, September 20, 2018

New little friends

My Doki Doki crate for September came yesterday (this is kind of late, but it was sent out kind of late - October's crate is already on the way. And I'm hoping the Gachapon crate I decided to try and that was allegedly sent out on the same day comes very soon....I'd be worried if it was too much longer)

Anyway, this was back to school, so there's a Sumikkogurashi pencil case:

I already have one, but of a different design, and they're handy to have. (My other one holds tools in one of my knitting bags).

And there's a My Melody shaped onigiri-maker. I don't really make onigiri but maybe I should start? (I already have a panda one from an earlier box). I don't often have tiny bits of leftover meat or fish to tuck in them. But maybe I make sweet ones and put either almond butter or Nutella in them? I don't know.

And a fancy little pen that claims to have scented ink (I haven't tried it yet). And this:

It's a plastic Jinbesan folder. Very nice, I'm thinking it would be a good way to carry a printed-out knitting pattern because it would be kept together and protected.

But the best thing is this:

One of those tiny "backpack mascots" (it has a ball chain so you can attach it to things) of Aggretsuko. The only drawback is they missed a trick - it's not reversible, with her ragey-heavy-metal face on the other side. Apparently you randomly got "Sweet Retsuko" or "Ragey Retsuko." (And I got the sweet one, though maybe that's more me anyway).

I don't carry a backpack so I don't have anything to attach her to (and for traveling, I'd be afraid of her getting lost or damaged or even stolen off my bag).But still a nice little mascot.

I also mentioned I bought the two Equestria Girls "switch and mix fashions" mini dolls - Twilight (I guess it's Sci-Twi, the one who in the series is the girl-Twilight rather than transformed-pony-Twilight, because she has glasses) and Rarity. I am guessing they chose those two because Rarity is the fashion designer, so she's perfect for it, and Twilight is probably the most well-liked/main character. But also their colors coordinate, so they can swap clothes.

The clothes are super cute. There are three outfits for each (a dress, and Rarity has two tops and skirts, and Twilight has two dresses and a top and skirt). They also each have two wigs and two pairs of shoes, and a few little accessories (like: Rarity has her eyeglasses and a purse and a mirror and a book of fashion ideas....) I love little touches like that and I would have loved toys like that as a kid.

I had to unbox them and play with changing the clothes. So here is each in a favorite outfit:

I will say the thought of a caffeinated Twilight Sparkle is maybe a little scary. At least when she's in one of her anxiety spirals.

And here's Rarity, in a dress inspired by the classic tomato pincushions, which is just SUPER cute:


She also comes with a fancy formal dress (because of course she does):

You can also see her second wig there.


1 comment:

Barn Owl said...

I usually buy at least one or two of the pencil cases at Daiso, when I visit my friends in California. If you knit/crochet/embroider etc., you can never have too many of them. I like the size of the plastic folders too - they're perfect for the pages from the dot grid pad I use to draw my notes for anatomy chalk talks. I'm a sucker for Japanese novelty erasers, and often use them as prizes for the silly contests I have in my classes. Animals, sushi, Mt. Fuji, etc. Last year I found tooth-shaped erasers at Daiso, and the dental students lost their minds over them. I have one package left, and I'm hoping that there will be some at the Daiso when I visit this year.