Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Imagine my surprise

So I rushed home after class today, hoping to get home before the tree guy called. Pulled into my drive. Thought, "Gee, things look different."


THE TREE GUY ALREADY HAS BEEN.

It looks *fantastic.* He did a really good job taking down the low hanging droopy branches, the dead stuff, the things that could crack in an ice storm. I will get more light in my front room come winter, which will be a plus. And I think the tree will be healthier for it. (And even if it does drop a branch that causes damage, now my insurance can't complain I haven't maintained the tree).

He's coming back at 3 for me to pay him but I'm really pleased at how simple that was. Maybe I should, if I feel like I can afford it, get him back out sometime to do the elm tree (if he can get his bucket truck back to it).

The only downside is the squirrels lost their "highway" - there was a branch that drooped down onto the yaupon holly and the squirrels would run up the holly and then continue up the branch (and often sit on it and scold at me when I came outside). But they'll adjust, I'm sure. (Also, the hollies will get more light now, which they probably need).

No comments: