Wednesday, September 16, 2015

And some knitting

I haven't finished-finished any projects recently, but I did finish half of a pair of socks (the other one is on the needles):

greensock

The pattern is a lace sock (the big holes are made by double yarnovers). It's from the October 2014 Simply Knitting (the UK version). In there, the pattern is done in red yarn and is called "Lady in Red" but, as you can see, mine are more of a Granny-Smith green.

greensock2

The yarn is KnitPicks' "Stroll" in the "Bright" color called "sour apple."  Stroll is a reasonably-priced sockyarn and comes in lots of colors, and it has a nice texture.

Also, here's a shot of Starbuck. It doesn't look like much yet, I am just doing the increases for the sleeve caps (it has sort of a saddle shoulder on it). But you can see the two colors I am using - so far, only using the oyster color.

Starbuck in progress

1 comment:

Kucki68 said...

I really like the colors you chose for Starbucks.