Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I'm boring and my blog is boring

Breaking from the three word title convention but that's how I feel right now.

All I ever do is work. And mop up "urgent" messes that keep me from my "important" other stuff. I haven't finished anything craft-related in a long, long time.

As I said earlier: it's way too early in the summer for me to feel this way. (I hate summer. I have something that is probably kind of like reverse SAD - which they now think is a bad reaction to humidity, and guess what we have tons of right now?)

And the old bugbear of feeling taken for granted crops up - I think that's part of my bad reaction to the e-mail of this morning, the fact that people assumed "OF COURSE she will do it" even though I had sent one out saying "Guys, I'm out of town right now and can't." And that lots of time people seem to take this kind of stuff as their due. I know, I shouldn't expect to be thanked but it's a little much to be yelled at when my delegates don't come through and then hear silence when I scramble to do it.

Sometimes I feel like I pull other people's fat out of the fire for them, and they just kind of nod smugly about it and figure I'll also do it next time. I suppose the fact that I do it at all sets me up for that kind of expectation.

Also, I think it's just that I'm ALONE a lot in the summer - the hours teaching are long, few of my colleagues are around, so I get a little lonely with no one to talk to. (I almost wish for some of those church meetings I gripe about during the regular semester)

So, meh. Not sure when I'll be interesting again, if I ever was in the first place.

4 comments:

Joan said...

Your blog is not boring, therefore you cannot be boring. It's a little early, but it sounds like you are in the summer doldrums. I know the feeling of wanting a "treat" but already having so many unread books and unknitted skeins of yarn...

What about getting yourself a new exercise DVD? Maybe when your muscles are sore it would be okay just to do a series of stretches. There are some good DVDs by Karen Voight on Amazon. Just an idea!

Bon courage,

Joan

Anonymous said...

never boring for sure- 'interesting and intelligent' come to mind much more readily when thinking of your life and work- don't let the summer blahs be more than a small pothole in your road-

wishing you a smiley tomorrow-
barb in texas

Kucki68 said...

I do not find you or your blog boring, otherwise I would not continue to read it. For me you are a bit of Superwoman with all the things you do. Would a pedicure be a nice treat for you? I love to have a foot massage at the end.

Roger Owen Green said...

you may need a back massage.