Thursday, June 25, 2015

Weird warning label

Recently I had to get a new shower curtain.

The old one - one made to look a bit like rice paper - had developed a few tears and it needed to be replaced.

Instead of waiting for my next Target trip, or seeing what the Mart of Wal had, I decided to order one. And I was able to get the type of curtain I'd been wanting since I started the plate collection (souvenir plates from different places).

It's a map curtain. A map of the world. (And eeep, I might have to get a liner, there's a lot of blank clear curtain there. No, not so that no one can see me, but so that it's not such a clear sight into my tub when the curtain is pulled, because the tub is often the LAST thing I get around to cleaning. (And I observe: it seems wrong you would have to CLEAN the place you go to WASH, but there you are))

It's fairly cute, though I could have gone for a different font on it....the font they used looks like they put the Peanuts font and the Simpsons font in a blender. It's not QUITE Comic Sans, but it's Comic Sans-adjacent.

Anyway, when I opened it up, I looked at the back of the envelope it was in. And there was one of the most bizarre warning labels I have ever seen:

"This curtain is intended for decorative purposes only and does not conform exactly to Global Map Accuracy Standards."

Um, yeah.

Now I'm picturing some guy traveling the world with a shower-curtain, and getting upset when he misses the city of Minsk by some miles...

No comments: