Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tuesday morning things

* I knew my allergies were going to ramp up when I saw all the downed pecan catkins and their spilled load of pollen on the sidewalk. (Tree Onanism?) And yeah, I have an itchy hive under my right eye. I have to consciously remind myself not to touch or scratch it. It'll go down eventually.

* I hope that's soon, as tomorrow is my eye doctor's appointment. It's mainly to check vision, to determine if I need bifocals (spoiler alert: I probably do) but I know doctors like to do stuff like poke things in your eyes to be sure you don't have glaucoma and stuff like that, and with the sticky/itchy feeling from allergies, that's going to be even less pleasant.

* I pulled out a stalled project and re-started it. For some reason I got thinking about embroidery again, and I went and found the "flower girl" pillowcases I was doing. (I also have a set with horses on them). I worked on it again for a while and might work on it some more.

* The local news does a lot with local crime. A couple of alarming ones: a guy was caught setting fires INSIDE the local Lowe's. And a guy a couple towns over was convicted of shoplifting: he stole a set of tools from a Wal-mart and tried to fence them. The reason he gave? He wanted to get money to buy his mother flowers for mother's day. (I can only imagine she is Very Disappointed in him right now. Or at least I'd hope she was)

* I may have to see if I can hire someone short-term to care for the lawn; today is the last non-rainy day forecast between now and when I leave on my short break, and I don't want nasty-grams from the city. (However, I'm not sure how much they can complain about "grass too tall" in situations where people literally cannot get out and mow the yard). I may ask the AA in my department, she and her husband have some rental properties so they may know someone. What I don't want is someone who will insist on a summer-long contract (which seems to be the case here) and someone who wants to do more than just mow, like spray for weeds and stuff.

No comments: