Thursday, July 03, 2014

One quick thing

Weird dream-moment, before I forget:

Pinkie Pie had been turned into a unicorn and got unicorn powers. One of her powers was that when any ponies were arguing, she could encase them in a pink bubble (kind of like the "force field" Twilight makes sometimes) and zap them off to some other dimension, and they only came back when they had successfully resolved the argument.

(I could actually see somehow spinning this up into a fanfic. Line from the story: after she comes back from her argument with Applejack, Rainbow Dash looks at Pinkie and says, "What the TARTARUS, Pinkie Pie?!?! Don't ever do that again!")

I think that was definitely a wish-fulfillment dream on my part. No, I haven't had to deal with any angry arguing people recently but I think my subconscious figured out what it wants to do with them when I do.


***

And more pony. I heard a rumor that Zecora was coming to Build-A-Bear. She is the shaman/healer zebra (though some fans have also pointed out that she could just as well be a chemist - put her in a labcoat and give her test tubes instead of a cauldron). She's also the one who rhymes all the time.

I also like her because all that while back, when I took the MBTI pony-personality test, they said Zecora was the most INFJ character....so I guess in some way I identify with her.

She's actually one of my favorite subsidiary characters, but I had no desire to MAKE a Zecora, because, how would you manage the stripes absent doing something like Swiss darning, which I am NOT going to do on that scale.

So I ordered one, now that she's out. (And to get free shipping, I ordered another $5 item. It's kind of goofy - a fringed t-shirt that has a peace sign on it - but it seems like the one thing of the cheap clothes Zecora might "wear." So we'll see).

I kind of wish Build-a-Bear and their ilk had been around when I was a kid. Oh, I probably never would have gotten to one, and my parents were generally opposed to spending large sums of money (outside of birthdays and Christmas, though I could see requesting a trip for my birthday) on toys. But I love the whole conceit of the in-store stuff: that you get to stuff them yourself, that you get to put a little heart inside them, all that.

(And yeah, I know: I make my own toys so I get to stuff them myself and also I admit that for a period of time when I was a kid/young teen making toys I would cut a heart out of felt and stuff it there inside the toy, because I could and because I had read "Raggedy Ann Stories" as a child. But somehow, getting to go to a store and pick out a critter and stuff it and get clothes for it...)

No comments: