Monday, July 07, 2014

It's still hot

It's still hot. And I discovered that my camera's battery had run down, and also, it's hard for me to get in to it because the room where it is is where I stuck the box of all the stuff I moved out of the phone nook in my hall so the guys wouldn't have to worry about knocking out the bunches of phone books places send me, and the church directory, and a box of tissues and other assorted stuff.
So here's a picture of me working on the current sock ("Hermione's Everyday Socks") in a Phydeaux Designs yarn.

One thing I did this afternoon was bag up most of the projects I had spread out all over the living room and put them in here, again sort of to clean up before the guys come tomorrow.

They said they'd be here at 11. The guy I worked with before called at 7:45 am this morning to remind me of my appointment and to tell me he was ordering the furnace but of course I had already left for work. (I did call the service number back and tell them that I was pleased the furnace had been ordered, and would be here at the specified time tomorrow.)

It was very hot today. It was about 86 in my living room this evening, though that's surely partly because it gets the afternoon sun, even with the blinds closed. I'd do a little bit in the house (cleaning, putting dishes away, working towards making dinner) and then have to sit down because I felt light-headed. (Or go into my bedroom where it was cooler). That may have been partly because of earlier heat exposure: I took my ecology class out to do herbaceous sampling. Fortunately it did not take long and nobody died. (I was concerned; one guy in the class a non-trad - former military - and he had referred to having to go to the doctor for an EKG recently. But he was fine.)
What am I wearing? Another Pony shirt - this is a fan-done design from one of those one-day-per-design places. It's a mock cereal box: Luna Pops. Unfortunately I couldn't get the whole design in the shot.  (Also with bonus Prince Turveydrop in the shot). 


Webcams are weird. At least the way Blogger sets it up, it's like watching a movie of yourself (or watching yourself in the mirror) until you hit the button. I actually kind of like it, though it's hard to photograph yourself knitting, because there's no timer. (And I'm not quite flexible enough to hit the button with my big toe, at least not without my knee blocking the shot

No comments: