Tuesday, July 08, 2014

I'm really hoping

HVAC guys are due at 11 am. I'm really hoping for:

a. The fix goes quickly and smoothly, and is completed in good time

and

b. It works, and I'm able to get my house to cool down this afternoon.

Because, this:














They don't add, "limit indoor activities where air conditioning is nonexistent or turned way warm" (which is what my office and the entire "faculty" part of the building is right now. Yay for energy saving. Not.).


Yeah. It's supposed to be 99 here today, with a considerably higher heat index because it's been so humid. I've managed to remain mostly cheerful because I have the window air conditioner, but I admit, exile in my bedroom when I'm home gets old fairly fast. ("What are you supposed to pack when you go into exile? Are you supposed to pack *warm*?")

I will say I got my bedroom mostly cleaned up (mostly, because I couldn't do anything with the laundry basket that's taking up a big part of the floor) last night while I hung out in there - put away all the woolen clothes I still had out, hung the little jackets back up in the closet, rearranged the books, swept the floor.

No comments: