Monday, February 10, 2014

Ice ice baby

My university decided - just a few minutes ago - to call a snow day for tomorrow (and, well, this evening - everything after 4 pm is cancelled).

Awwwwwww yeah.

 






(Am I crazy to be considering modding - bigger arms and legs and more barrel-shaped chest - the Mr. Ed crochet pattern to make a Bulk Biceps?)

The only thing that would be better would be if my new computer had come in already. (I saw the guy who runs the business at church, he said it will be in this week and they will be able to do the file transfer and stuff then).

But I've decided that tomorrow the only work I will do is start writing NEXT week's exam; the rest of the day I will knit and either watch cartoons or old movies (if there happens to be one I want to see on TCM.) I want to work some more on the Hagrid pullover.

I don't feel bad at all about missing a class day, because, as I said, the one class I teach tomorrow is one that I'm ahead of the syllabus in, so that's good.

However.....a lot of my soils class either wasn't prepared (soil was too wet) or couldn't make it in for lab, so I'm going to have to schedule a make up time, bleah. It's the longest lab, too - one that takes about 2 and 1/2 hours IF you are totally on the ball and work fast.

No comments: