Monday, February 10, 2014

all pear-shaped

So:

CWF is cancelled for tonight (might reschedule for next week). That's not SO bad, but:

- one of my intro-majors students can't make it in
- two of my soils-lab students can't make it in.

And that's just so far, and that's just the people who have notified me.

A lot of the outlying areas are worse. To the west of us, a lot of schools have closed for the day and they are warning that the weather is going to get worse as the day wears on.

I'm really ready to be done with this. We need rain, and we usually get rain in the winter, but we get it as rain, not this partially-frozen stuff.

I hope if it's bad tomorrow (or gets worse tonight) they decide to cancel. (And if it's bad enough tonight, I hope they decide to cancel early enough that I will know I don't have to set my alarm clock).


So I guess tonight I do get around to making the "Italian style meatloaf" recipe my mom gave me. (It's one she's used for meatballs, and they were good, so). I just hope I have everything it requires on hand. I know I have the ground meat (a pound of bison I need to use up) and I have all the spices and I have oatmeal, if oatmeal is what it requires as binder....

***

And something funny. Not sure whether it's ha-ha funny or strange funny, but this is allegedly a photograph from Japan:




















Seen on Twitter, from Takeshi Miyazawa's stream (retweeted by one of the comic artists I follow).

I suppose since a mascot suit is awfully hot in the summer, it's probably decent protection against the cold of winter.

No comments: