Monday, February 21, 2011

The week ahead

The biggest thing I have to do is to synthesize two somewhat-disparate sets of comments into a single revision of my new paper. (Stuff keeps cropping up, though: if my students didn't get soil for Wednesday's lab, I'll have to do it. And I have to bake a Funeral Cake for church for Wednesday; one of the long-term shut-ins died and they asked me to fix "something" and I finally said, "It has to be something I can do Tuesday and drop off, because Wednesday is my biggest teaching day.")

If I don't get this done, I will have to scrub my birthday plans for Saturday. I was going to do as I usually do and go to McKinney. But the revision is due in on the 2nd. (Which, I will observe: two weeks to revise a paper? That's really not very long.)

I really hope I can get it done. I'm going to say a flat NO to anyone else who wants to try to take a piece of my Tuesday, that was the day I was budgeting to work on it, because I just give an exam that day.

Sunday (which is my actual birthday) is out because (a) nothing's open and (b) it's the retirement reception for the long-time organist at my church.

Next Saturday...well, I could do it then, but it feels almost like too much time has elapsed and there's no point in doing it. So I don't know. I'm gonna have to push to get this revision done, I think.

No comments: