Thursday, February 24, 2011

More on books

The 1066 book I am reading it "1066: Year of the Conquest" by David Howath. I find it pretty interesting and it's mainly a quick read. (I should go back to it soon).

Also, a question for those who have finished Bleak House: Does Harold Skimpole redeem himself in any way later on in the book? I want to punch him in his smug, sponging face right now: taking ALL of an orphan's hard-saved money to pay a debt he ran up, and then telling her she should be grateful to him for allowing her to be generous?

(I don't normally ask for spoilers but I admit I'm taking to skipping the sections where Skimpole bombasts about how he is utterly incapable of taking responsibility for anything, and how it's the duty of the world (i.e., the people around him) to care for him and pay his way)

No comments: