Thursday, February 24, 2011

Maybe a cake

I don't know if I'll make myself a birthday cake. I do some years.

If I do this year, it might be this one. Because:

The recipe first appeared the year I was born
The "redux" of the recipe is date-stamped on my actual birthday
It's an almost-flourless chocolate cake, which I have always enjoyed.

Not sure if I will, though. Or maybe I'll do it NEXT weekend - this weekend is the retirement reception for the organist at church and I will probably get cake there.

Then again: that's an AWFUL lot of chocolate and an AWFUL lot of butter. I think I have a lighter "flourless" chocolate cake recipe somewhere...

2 comments:

besshaile said...

I just hope you get Chocolate in some form or another. and happy birthday

Anonymous said...

What's really wrong with a lot of chocolate and butter once a year?