Wednesday, July 08, 2009

It seems to be a fairly common occurrence that I have a couple larger projects getting close to done at the same time. I don't know if it's that I seem to start stuff on the same sort of cycle, or if I eventually reach a certain degree of frustration with projects that forces me to work on them until they're done, or what.

I'm about 30 rows away from finishing the Bird's Nest Shawl (that's counting the garter edging rows):

bird's nest, July 8 2009

I'm liking it better and better the bigger it gets. The triangular lace pattern is a little different - it's sort of asymmetrical (two repeats of the triangle close together, then some plain rows, then another repeat of the triangle) but as a big shawl, it looks pretty nice.

Here's a close up of the triangle design:

bird's nest shawl close up

Each row does take a while, and you kind of have to pay attention because every row gets another yarn over and another decrease placed somewhere. (I've missed a few yarn overs on the way, and then had to sort of fudgily pick them up the next row)

1 comment:

canadienne said...

I followed you here from Dustbury, have to admit that I am massively impressed with your knitting and quilting (looked you up on Ravelry) Beautiful work! You may have inspired me to pick up my needles again.