Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Grace: PUBLISHED evaluation comments? I only hope the students writing them were required to sign them; in today's university, publishing eval comments would be an invitation to disaster.

I have to admit that while I UNDERSTAND the idea of why they must needs be anonymous, I don't like it. Some people take it as license to say all kinds of awful unhelpful things. I once knew someone who had people make snide comments on her hairstyle in their evaluation.

Too many Simon Cowells; too few Susan Boyles, or so I think.

1 comment:

Mom on Health Patrol said...

Oh, I'm sure you had to sign your name when filling out the evaluation (but it wouldn't be published), and I never remember reading anything really nasty. It did make it hard to get into some classes with really popular professors, though. (This was an east coast Very Liberal University.)

-- Grace in MA