Saturday, April 19, 2008

Two quick links:

From the sublime: A park pavilion that is perforated so that a poem is projected by sunlight coming through the holes (The really amazing thing is that the designer worked it so that at different times of the year - when the sunlight is coming in from different angles - you get DIFFERENT LINES OF POETRY. That blows me away.)

To the ridiculous: Bee boop boop-deedle-bee, be boop boop-deedle-bee, bee boop boop deedle-bee, deedly-deedly-deedly-deet (That's my best approximation of the opening music from Pac-Man. The link is to someone who sells little crocheted sets of Pac Man and the ghosts, but if you'd rather make your own (slightly differently looking) ones, there is a pattern here

(And a third link, spotted on the site where that last pattern was posted: Geek Crafts. While I'm probably not sufficiently geeky to be in the true fanbase of that site [in that I'm really NOT a huge NES fan, nor would I redo my house in a Star Trek/Star Wars/Monty Python theme, there's a lot of stuff on there that makes me kind of gasp with delight that someone actually tinkered it up...like the computer case modified to look like R2-D2])

1 comment:

dragon knitter said...

if you scroll down a little farther, there's an R2D2 amigurumi, with a link that eventually goes to her blog. she has patterns for LOTR amigurumi! so cool!