Sunday, April 20, 2008

I spent most of Saturday working on the garden.

I planted lots of zinnias in the front but the photos I took didn't look very good, I'm going to give them some time to grow and spread and try again.

In the back, I put in more tomatoes:

garden1

And also some basil and lemon verbena and a few marigolds to protect the tomatoes.

And I added some other herbs (and have been adding these past few weeks)

gnome
And even got a tiny (like 4" tall) garden gnome.

This plant's been in the garden for a couple years and has been spreading nicely. It's a cultivar of lavender (I forget the official name) but it has much larger flower heads than the typical lavender plant.

lav

I also managed to finish Cozy. I could probably have added a few more repeats but I was just so sick of knitting on it (and so sick of the Summer Tweed - it is a yarn I will never use again; it just hurt my hands too much, it's very abrasive.)

cozyfin

And here's a back view. This came out much darker than I intended (I was farther from the camera and I guess it based its light-meter reading on the light from the window) but it does show the lace patterning nicely.

cozybackdark

So now I have the fun of starting a new project.

No comments: