Wednesday, January 24, 2007

As promised, pictures.

Sadly, this one is very hard to make out. It's the little hat knit of Blithe, the baby camel hair yarn*

It's a very simple pattern - 96 sts, k2 p2 rib (size 6 needle) for about 5-6", then do one round of k2, p2tog. Then knit k2, p1 for 1". Then do one row of k2tog, p1. Then knit k1, p1 for about an inch. Then k2tog a couple rows until there are few enough stitches to use a "drawstring closure" on.

blithe_hat

It makes a very soft and very light hat. It took slightly less than one 25 g skein to make this.

(*I find myself thinking of Shelley: "Hail to thee, blithe spirit! bird thou never wert..." Too many years of edumacation I guess.)

The other not-previously-shown over-break knitting was a Naughty Squiddy:

naughty_squiddy

(Pattern here.

So that photo shows Squiddy all by himself. On the pattern page, there are some "action shots" of the pattern-author's Squiddy about to get into trouble...preparing to dive into a pool (doubtless into the shallow end) and reaching for (and ultimately attaching his mouthparts to) a bottle of Sam Adams.

Well, I lead a pretty virtuous boring life, so there's a limited amount of trouble my Squiddy can get into.

Except for taking my credit cards and ordering lots of stuff from catalogs:
squiddy_catalog

Or drafting up saucy e-mails to send to people he doesn't like:

Cnv0014

(Again, that photo came out a little too dark, at least on the monitor I'm using now. The splotch in the upper corner is because there was something with one of my credit card numbers visible in the picture and I had to splotch it out with my photo-altering program).

5 comments:

Diann Lippman said...

Apparently Squiddy has been talking with Sweetie Cat, who is well known for talking on the phone, stealing credit cards and ordering many things from the Drs. Foster and Smith catalogs!

(There's a phone in Sweetie's room, and it's knocked off hook on a regular basis. That, and the fact that my wallet and lots of catalogs live in that room have led me to this assumption.)

dragon knitter said...

i don't suppose you could get a better pic of the hat? i'm really intrigued as to what it looks like.

and squiddy is darling. however, i need to go back and find the link to the turtle amiguri. my daughter's 21st birthday is monday, and she collects turtles. must get my fanny in gear!

crazyauntpurl said...

Okay, that squid is freaking adorable!!!! I once found a beanie baby crab and I bought three of them so I could say, 'Look, I have crabs!" With a squid you could say "You make me ink" like in Finding Nemo!

Sarah said...

I need a Squiddy to blame things on! Brilliant.

Kucki68 said...

Love the Squiddy action shots.