Monday, September 28, 2026

Finished one mitt

 I finished the first of the worsted-weight mitts. The pattern is called "What's that on your hands. Watson?" and it's apparently based off a sweater Watson was shown wearing in one of the shows/movies about Sherlock Holmes. The author is Maria Ahlholm.

It's a nice, simple pattern, and it works up quickly.

The front and the back are different:


 
The yarn is a random skein of Paton's Classic Wool in sort of a salmon color that I had in my stash. It probably came from JoAnn's (yes I still miss them) because the wool yarns Michael's carries is all very plain and neutral.

I ran down to Sherman before Zoom knitting Saturday; I needed some things from the Albertson's, and I remembered I needed a birthday present for my niece. (My mom is sending a check; I wanted to send a THING). I found a couple kits; she likes doing crafts (one is a butterfly paint-by-number plaque she could hang on her wall; the other is a beginner embroidery kit of a pine forest)

The embroidery kit came from the yarn shop. And I found a couple other things.

First, a bag, to serve as "wrapping" for the gifts:


 She's a chicken keeper, and of course her birthday is in October; I hope she'll find this amusing.

I also realized I could knit her a pair of the worsted-weight mitts for Christmas, and I saw this yarn:


 A Texas-based dyer, and her favorite color (green), and I plan to include the label because chickens. 

Other than that, I'm just TIRED. For various reasons today wasn't a good day, had a couple unpleasant interactions and those wear on me harder than they did a few years ago. (I really think pandemic isolation did a number on my ability to relate to other humans; I now assume people are either mad at me or dislike me sometimes). I'm also still sad from all the bad news and I think that's weighing on me.

I'm going to try to cut out early tomorrow, partly to mail off my niece's gift, but also.....I just need some time to be quiet at home.

No comments: